- The market will have a designated "Market Manager" selected by the Middletown Christ Reformed UCC; hereafter, the Church. The Market Manager is responsible for seasonal market operations and has the authority to direct vendors to comply with provisions of the market rules. The liaison of the Church, and/or the Market Manager reserves the right to order any spoiled or off-condition product from sale.
- The market will adopt operating hours at the beginning of each season. Any departure from these listed hours must be approved in advance by the Church.
- This is a "Producers Only" market. All vendors agree to allow inspection of their farms and production facilities as a means of assuring compliance with the "Producers Only" rule.
- Vendors who are unable to participate at the market may request a waiver allowing an existing vendor to sponsor and sell their produce and/or products. Approval from the Church is required and strict consideration will apply allowing only for produce or products which are not currently sold at the market.
- If crop loss occurs prior to the vendor's normal participation time, any dues paid for the season will be returned to the grower. If a grower suffers total crop loss during the active participation period at the market and thus is forced to cease participation in the market, season dues already paid will be refunded on a prorated basis.
- Vendors who pay seasonal rates prior to market opening day will qualify for assigned spaces whenever possible. Assigned space policy as follows:
- Vendors wishing to use their assigned spaces must arrive at minimum 30 minutes before market opening. After that time the Market Manager may at his discretion re-assign the space.
- Seasonally paid vendors not coming to market on a given day should notify the Market Manager the evening before the market.
- Vendors are requested to notify the Market Manager if they plan to discontinue participation for the season.
- Daily layout of the market will be at the discretion of the Market Manager.
- It is the vendor's responsibility to secure and comply with all required state and county permits for their planned market activity.
- Scales must be registered with and inspected by the Maryland Department of Agriculture's Weights and Measurement Section.
- Packaged products must comply with Maryland Packaging and Labeling Regulations.
- Nursery stock must be from operations in compliance with Maryland Department of Agriculture's nursery inspection and certification program.
- Vendors selling eggs must be in compliance with Maryland Egg Law.
- Vendors selling honey and apiary products must have their colonies registered with the Maryland Department of Agriculture and hold a valid Certificate for Honey Bee Colony Registration.
- The use of the word "organic" in any form by vendors is restricted to those who are certified under provisions of the Maryland Department of Agriculture's Organic Certification Program.
- Vendors are required to have legible signage identifying their farm or firm, product pricing and listing the town of operation.
- Vendors are required to maintain their stands in a neat and orderly fashion and be responsible for removing all debris at the end of each market day.
- All vendors are required to operate their stands in a safe manner and to make immediate safety changes when directed to do so by the Market Manager.
- Although the overall market will be covered by a general liability insurance policy, vendors are encouraged to carry their own insurance.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited!
- EXCEPTION: Alcoholic beverage producers as allowed by Maryland law.
- All complaints must be in writing, signed by the complainant, and presented to both the Market Manager and liaison of the Church for review and resolution. Producer Only complaints will require an inspection visit to the production location by the Church liaison and Market Manager. Any vendor refusing to allow an inspection shall forfeit the right to participate in the market for the remainder of the season. No market dues will be refunded in such cases.
Please list ALL items you plan to sell this season.
Would you like your business included in the vendor directory on the Market's website?
Please provide a brief 2-3 sentence description of your business for use on our vendor list at http://www.middletownmdfarmersmarket.com/vendors
In addition to cash, please select all forms of payment you accept.
(You are not required to accept any of these, but it's a valuable option for many customers.)
Please list any health concerns such as allergies or medical conditions.
This information is not used for determining eligibility to participate, but is kept on file for the event of an emergency.
Please be sure to select a Thursday. Opening Day is May 3, 2018. Applicants submitting this form Monday through Thursday will be required to wait until the following week.
Is there anything else you need to share with us before we review your application?
By clicking the submit button below, I acknowledge that all of the information provided above is accurate to the best of my knowledge.
I understand that my request will be reviewed by the Farmers' Market, and I will be contacted by the Market Manager regarding my request.
I also understand that I cannot participate in the market until the Market Manager gives me permission to do so.